Got this delicious recipe from lazy blogger
It is very excellent to go well with iddiyappam and appam, pulao, or fresh basmathi rice, or phulkas. It’s very easy to prepare, very healthy dish and even to save time for the kitchen.
My sincere thanks for this dish to Lazy Blogger.
* 2 cups of chopped vegetables – beans, carrots, cauliflower, peas, zucchini squash, lima beans(any combination and proportion works)
* 1 peeled chopped potato
* 1/2 cup chopped tomato
* 1/2 cup sliced onion
* 1 tbsp chopped ginger
* 5 curry leaves finely chopped
* 1 tsp cumin seeds
* 1/2 can coconut milk (try to avoid the lite milk varieties)
* 3 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
* 2 green chillies slit lengthwise
* 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
* 1 pinch hing
* 1/2 tsp chilli powder
Try to use a pressure pan for quick cooking. If a pressure pan is not available, use a big saucepan with a well fitting lid.
1) Heat the pressure pan and add 2 tsp oil. While waiting for the oil to heat, perform step 2
2) Finely slice the onions, chop ginger, curry leaves, green chillies and tomatoes3) Add jeera to the oil, take care not to let it burn, and add the ingredients from step 2
4) Stir fry for 5 minutes
5) Add all the veggies, turmeric powder, chilli powder and stir fry for 5 minutes
6) Add enough water to cover all the veggies, close the lid of the pressure pan, add the weight and cook till you hear two whistles. Immediately turn the heat off. After 5 minutes, place the pressure pan on a cool surface. This is important to make sure the vegetables do not get over cooked. If using a saucepan, simply place a lid and cook till the vegetables are done
7) Open the pan, and add salt and the coconut milk and heat through. Make sure that you do not boil the curry, as the coconut milk’s flabor gets altered if over heated. Check the taste and add more salt, chilli powder and a pinch of sugar if needed
8) Garnish with the chopped cilantro