Got this delicious recipe from SAMAYAL
Kuli paniyaram comes out very well with FriedGram Chutney. It’s a low calorie chutney instead of coconut. It’s quick and very easy to make it with idly batter.
For Kuli Paniyaram:-
Finelly chopped Onion -1 medium onion
Finelly chopped Green Chillies – 4
Finelly chopped Curry and Corinder Leaves – 1 1/2tbsp
Mustard seeds – 3/4tsp
Urad dal – 1tsp
1) Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard seeds and curry leaves and allow it to crackel
2) Then add the chillies and onions and sauté for a few minutes.
3) Add this sautéed mixture to the idli batter and mix well.
4) Heat the Kuli Paniyaram Chatti and add little oil in each hole and pour 1 spoon
of batter in each hole.
5) Cook them on both the sides.
FriedGram – 1 cup
Greenchillies – 4-5
Garlic – 3-4 pods
Tamarind – a small grape sized
Salt – To taste
Mustard seeds – 1/4tsp
Curry leaves – 5-6leaves
Urad dal – 1/4tsp
Hing – a pinch
1) Grind togther all the ingrediants for the chutney to a smooth paste along with the salt.
2) Do the tadaka and add it to the chutney.