This recipe is from Deepa’s Tamilnadu Cuisine. It’s picture in her blogs is absolutely different from my dish. It’s dry curry and can be used as side dish. My son loves it lotttttttt
1 lb Okra(cut okra into medium size pieces)
1 tsp Mustard seeds
1 Medium size onion
1 Medium size tomato
1/2 tsp Coriander powder
1/4 tsp Chili powder
2 tbsp Yogurt
Salt for taste
1. Pre-Heat the 2-3 tbsp of oil in a kadai put the cut pieces of okra & fry the okra for about 10 mts.
2. Keep the fried okra seperate.Now,in the same kadai pre-heat 2-3 tbsps of oil & splutter the mustard seeds.
3. Add the chopped onion & fry till golden brown.Add the chopped tomato,salt & turmeric powder & cook for 5-6 mts.
4. Then,add the fried okra & cook for 5 mts.Add the coriander powder& chilli powder & yogurt.
5. Mix well keep it in low flame & close the kadai for 3-4 mts.
6. Okra curry is ready serve hot with Roti & Rice.